Hey, Students! On Nov. 7 Attendance Is Mandatory…And I Will Be Taking Attendance – statecollege.com
The “best student section” in the nation is getting called out by Joe Battista Executive Director, Nittany Lion Club and former Icers coach. The students aren’t showing up for kickoff or even filling their section. Preach it JoeBa, preach it!
Ask Boswell: Redskins, MLB, Nats, Caps and More – The Post
“Washington Post sports columnist Thomas Boswell will be online Thursday, October 29, at 11:00 a.m. ET to take your questions about the MLB playoffs, the Redskins, the Nats, the NFL, the Caps and the latest sports news and his recent columns.”
What is the over-under on Nats questions this week? I’m going with 3. Capitals/Wizards, maybe 2. Nah, just 1.
Baez to receive close to $75K – ESPN
Jose Baez, who was the Washington Nationals top instructor in the Dominican Republic prior to the Smiley Gonzales scandal won a wrongful termination suit against the team. He’ll get close to $75,000 in lost pay an severance. No comment from the Nats.
Up until yesterday’s Q&A with We Love DC, I was unaware of 1,001 Rules for My Unborn Son. Written by D.C. resident Walker Lamond, the blog presents rules for a male to grow up and live by with a late 1950s/early 1960s white collar urban sensibility of masculinity and style. There is a lot to like and agree with in 1,001 Rules for My Unborn Son. The site features the rules as well as complementary quotations and photographs. The tagline is “Let’s get some things straight before I get old and uncool.” Rules can also be submitted via email and I have a few in mind.
A book is also coming out today and it will be on my Christmas List this year.
Lemond now has a son too.
GeoCities’ time has expired, Yahoo closing the site today – L.A. Times
GeoCities is officially closing today. That’s $3,000,000,000 Yahoo! probably wishes it could get back. I should have done this post as a popup with a watermark as tribute.
GeoCities: Not dead yet, but soon – 04.24.2009
2009 Penn State football schedule as of 04.16.2009 there are no longer night games in November in the Big Ten.
I expect the Michigan State game to get a ABC/ESPN telecast and a 3:30 p.m. kickoff. The Indiana game may wind up on Big Ten Network.
Look for this week’s coverage map on Wednesday evening.
Well that’s a relief, the last of the losing streaks from my time as an underclassman finally ends. It should not have taken this long for Penn State to win at Michigan, but it did. Hopefully, the Michigan and Ohio State demons have been purged. Now all that is left is Iowa.
- I am thrilled that my prediction, UM 26 PSU 22, was wrong.
- QB Daryll Clark had his best game of the season to date. Four touchdown passes and no turnovers. He picked up a number of mismatches and made the Wolverines pay.
- ALL HAIL ZUG! The folk hero/ruler of the universe caught 3 touchdowns! AMISH LIGHTNING! THE ZUGGERNAUT. ALL GRAHAM ZUG DOES IS CATCH TOUCHDOWNS!
- Michigan is terribly coached right now. So many mental errors and dropped passes by them. They lack fundamentals.
- The Michigan offense spends more time running horizontally in the backfield than any I have ever seen. Don’t they know the object is to move the ball downfield, not across it? I’m not complaining mind you, I just don’t think they understand football.
- LB Navarro Bowman had two turnovers and a bunch of tackles, but I think he still has much to learn, I really hope he stays for another year. Also, he shouldn’t be on the punting team.
- Nick Sukay seems to like going for the big hits/interceptions, but rarely gets either.
- C Stefen Wisniewski still doesn’t put enough zip on shotgun snaps.
- Speaking of shotgun snaps, how about the Michigan one that sailed out of the end zone? I was hoping DT Jared Odrick would get a safety, but let’s not be picky or greedy.
- Coach in charge of the defense Tom Bradley sure does know how to adjust to Michigan these days.
- Head coach Joe Paterno finally played to win in Ann Arbor, rather than playing not to lose.
- Two penalties in a row on OL Johnnie Troutman?
- TE Andrew Quarless is finally reaching his potential after two wasted years in Paterno’s doghouse.
- FB Joe Suhey even got a few
long runs today.
- RB Evan Royster got his 100 yards rushing.
- QB Derek Moye continues to impress
- OLB Sean Lee‘s name was not called much, I think he barely played.
- MLB Josh Hull has become a pretty good football player. He has exceeded expectations, good for him. And us.
- Good job by Jeremy Boone drawing a roughing the punter penalty.
- Why does Michigan have a fake field? The game is supposed to be played on grass.
- Just a little bit of bourbon tonight, as I am not feeling well.