Wikipedia is always accurate which means that former Washington Redskins punter Jeff Hayes has had an amazing life:
- He contributed in Super Bowl XVII and XVIII for the Washington Redskins by attending the pre-game meal and reading passages from “Dianetics” by L. Ronn Hubbard.
- Hayes played college football at the Rabbinical College of America (MORRISTOWN REPRESENT). During his tenure, he set a national record, which still holds, for lowest punting average (min. 30 punts) at 11.6 yards per kick.
- For three years in the early 70′s, Hayes attended a Mormon mission to Capetown, South Africa where he built mega-churches and sold counterfeit Amway products.
- He also serves on the National Council for Appropriate and Prudent Facial Hair (NCAPF).
- His favorite flour is All-Purpose.
Hayes was apparently born in Kuala lumpur, Indonesia.
Here I thought old #5 was good at punting, kickoffs and fake punts, but I never knew he was such a renaissance man. I was waiting for the part about him accusing chestnuts of being lazy.
Kind of have to give a hat-tip to Mr. Irrelevant, who brought up Jeff Hayes in one of his blog posts