May the 4th be with you.
It’s going to be very weird not seeing this preceding Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens:
I guess we’ll see Cinderella’s castle instead.
It’s a long 7+ months to go until Episode VII debuts. So far, we’ve got very little knowledge based on the teaser:
and the teaser trailer:
I’m excited, but trying to temper my optimism. The good news is Disney usually does this kind of thing right, the Marvel universe is well-respected. On the other hand, J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek is mixed. Sure, he NAILED the casting of Spock, but otherwise he:
- destroyed the planet of the most interesting culture
- turned Capt. Kirk into Zack Morris in space
So, I’m a bit concerned. The return to practical effects is a hopeful sign.
Of course, there is some fan-service I’d like to see. For me. Because I am a fan.
- Don’t turn Luke to the Dark Side. Just don’t do it. No evil Leia either. That’s storyline can only conclude one way, with redemption, so why not avoid something obvious along the way.
- I want to see Luke talk to other previous Jedi — like Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, Yoda, etc. Hi, Ewan, Liam and Sam! Once a movie is fine.
- Lando deserves some screen time
I fully expect a return of the emperor at some point during the series. I’d have him show up in the last reel of Episode VIII with little more than a laugh as the great cliffhanger.