Don’t let late summer distract you from several opportunities to play broomball in the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.
September 22, 2019 Update
Medstar Capitals Iceplex has several pick-up games through the end of August as well and one in September and another in October.
Broomball games at the Iceplex are typically all ages and played on portions of the rink. Sticks and balls are provided, but it’s bring your own helmet. Sneakers or hiking boots are recommended.
- Saturday, September 21 from 4:50 p.m.to 5:50 p.m. on the Arlington Ice Rink
- Saturday, October 5 from 12:40 p.m. to 1:40 p.m. on the Arlington Ice Rink
- Sunday, October 6 from 10:40 a.m.to 11:40 a.m. on the Washington Capitals Ice Rink
- Saturday, August 24 from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. on the South Rink
- Saturday, August 31 from 7:15 to 8:45 p.m. on the North Rink
- Saturday, September 7 from 7:35 to 9:05 p.m. on the South Rink
Capitol Broomball plays on the full rink with fresh ice. Equipment, including broomball shoes, are provided.
The Fall 2019 Capitol Broomball season begins September 16 with Saturday night games through November 8 with two bye weeks. Registration is now open through Friday, September 6.
All D.C. AREA BROOMBALL CALENDAR
I have compiled a Google Calendar of DC area broomball. Other sessions will be added as they are announced. Check with the rink to confirm times, availability, etc.
Other D.C. area rinks may have broomball from time to time. If you know of any, please let me know and I will add them the calendar.