We have added another refreshing summer cocktail our rotation — Pimm’s Cup. There is still some summer left to enjoy one.
- Ginger Ale
- Pimm’s #1 Cup
- Fresh ice
- Cucumber – ideally picked from your own garden
- Mint – ideally picked from your own garden
- Cut fresh lemon in half, slice a wagon-wheel from each half
- Squeeze lemon juice into the bottom of the cup
- Rub the rim of the cup with lemon
- Slice cucumber slices and add to the bottom of the cup
- Pour about 2 oz. of Pimm’s 1 into the glass
- Add ice
- Pour 2 oz or more Ginger Ale
- Add mint sprigs
- Stir the drink
- add lemon wagon wheel
Our friend @ouij, a Cambridge Alumnus, saw that my wife Erica had a cucumber patch in her garden and volunteered to come by and make Pimm’s Cups. Happily enough, I had a bottle of Pimm’s #1 in my liquor cabinet. I had inherited from my father, who might have inherited from his father. My friend Joe, who managed a liquor store, said he had never seen that style of Pimm’s bottle. In short, it was vintage.
It was also delicious.
Pimm’s is a nice, sweet alternative to my standard gin and tonic.